Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Zany week...

Woww...the week's finally over..what a relief!! Zany week it was..

Work
~ I was preparing the list of things to do for the weekend arrivals and functions..just so I don't miss the teeny weeny bits which usually are the most needed items. I honestly think that I've the best team, a colorful mixture of good and bad. I have the wise one, the hillarious one, the sensitive one, the 'sengal' one, the serious one and the most important one..the GM's fav. I worked over the weekend and thank god I did because the big boss came in on Sunday for the site inspections. My hands are practically giving me spasm, the effect from hoovering big huge humongous suites..damn those suites!!! and what did my boys get from all of this..3 bag of thank yous..i mean sometimes i don't understand..can't they leave a decent tips especially after leaving the room in big huge mess.. all 5 of us completed the chores at about 7pm... i don't have the heart to leave early and leave the boys. So I stayed and helped. I was so knackered mentally and physically... The Saturday night wedding function was a messed not on our side but on the organizer's side... it was delayed like for more than 2 hours....and there weren't enough seats for the 'I do' ceremony because the couple are the most "pain in the ass" couple and they decided to let some of their guests waiting and standing for the whole of the stale ceremony. They refused to pay the extra charges on the tent but insisted that they want a garden party on the month where is called the "April Shower". So it rained just an hour before the ceremony and all of us frantically in vain remove the whatever left of the not wet chairs to the lobby. So this is the plan B, getting married on the grand staircase where bunch of guests toasting the champagne with a pain in a neck. Stingy but yet they're flaunting their 7series beamers at the porch flashing the sign "just married". I for one would be so ashamed by this..if i can afford the beamers, getting a tent for the comfort of my guest will be my priority.
The so called new boss of mine are not much of help either...he believed he'd been voodoed by the evil in the house and half of his right or whatever side are cramp....well who am I to argue this..

Family
~ My SIL is in the state of panic..nerveousness..for the soon to come mid year exam for the kids. 2 are in Std 6 and 1 in std 3 and 1. This year will be the first year she'll be struggling alone without her otherhalf. She's strong yet soft in everyway..I hope I can be of help indirectly. Habib got a tummy ached on Sunday morning and puked on my mattress..eeeyeewww..well i'll live.. SIL and her 2 eldest sons left for KT very early Sunday morning via flt to see tok nyang who suddenly fell ill. So while at work I was also making few calls at home checking on the three that were left behind. My mom came to the rescue at least for me by bringing them to a 'kenduri khawin' and that solves their lunch. Habib was looking at me seeking symphaty and begging me to bring him to the office because he hates kenduri and especially when mama is not around. I had to console him..and he ended up not going anyway because of the tummy ache. haaa..a blessing in disguise indeed... that sunday night i brought all of them to kl sentral to fetch mama and their 2 brothers..what a happy scene.. I had slight arguements with my mom over the phone, as usual she will get upset and hangs up the phone...but then I had to call her back for my income-tax number and pretended that nothing happen. She sounded ok and everything is ok I suppose..

Personal
~ I finally submitted my income-tax all the way in SA. Then met up with 3 old friends. Hanged out with 2 of them over lunch which was stretched to tea time. Catch up on old days and discussed about the future. One is now the Operation Manager for one of fast food chain of restaurants and one has his own chick farm. Alhamdullilah..all are successful in their own ways. We departed and promised to meet up again after the next chick cycle ended or on my wedding day...whichever comes first..hehh..hehhh. On Saturday even in my busiest time I managed to look at the vacancies in the Star and submitted few onlines applications. My heart still bleed over the issue with my GM eventhough he think it's a minor thingy. Then I got this sms from my sista in Algeria about her girlfriend's brother who's kinda interested in me.....i've asked for her to give my e-mail add and mobile no. so he can get in touch with me...am i ready with a long distance love relationship?? well, we shall see... I gave a lead to my big sis on a vacancy in Laos, just in case she's interested. I've also started my tuition class for these 2 boys who is the sons of an Imam in the neighbourhood. A very basic english class..i think i can manage that. And on a more cheeky note, i dreamt i was having this wild s** with one of my staff...whoaaa!!! yup i must say that i have quite handsomely looking staff under my wing but unfortunately they're all married and way too small at least numerically..*wink*

well as zany it is last week I hope this week it will tone down so i'll have more time and energy to blog.

2 comments:

Am just a gal said...

Hi.. thanx for ur comment. Personally I took all the advice given and as much as and tried to be postive in anyway...

I am so lucky to have those friends, name and unamed , real and bloggers whose had lent me a hand and shared thoughts with me...

Idham said...

Adorable :

I read with interest; in this order...your personal section
your work, then your family.
:) WINK WINK...something is happening on the love front..am so pleased to read that...that it in ur stride eh...keep calm and poised.

Work wise, u sounded in totak control.. a bz bee...dependable...am proud actually to read abt what u r capable of doing.

Family front, u do hv a wonderful sista...hehehe..
*smile*

Idham.