Tuesday, May 16, 2006

What's not yours..will never be yours..

Nowadays, after being introduced to the world of blogging by my far away down south friend every free time I have I'll blog hop. I was reading one of the blog that I've link to mine and realised how actually I've divert from my role as a 'makcik'.

What it's not yours, it will never be yours. Allah has fated that at the age of 30 i'm still single and searching..well not literally searching..but more of waiting buah yang tak jatuh. But my love for children develop eversince forever I think..that's why when I was offered the job as nanny I did not hesitate not for a moment. While everyone in the family especially mom was against it, I pursued with the job. I know everbody meant well...what the heck is she doing, from one career lady one day and the next day i'm changing diapers. Mom was more concerned of how she has to answer to the clan of my new posting abroad.

Kita hanya merancang, hanya tuhan yang menentukan. In less that a year of my returning to home sweet home, my brother passed away. So without being asked and to everyone's expectation I packed my bag and my social life and went to live with my SIL and her 5 kids plus the maid. Those kids..i love that like crazy!!!

Not even reaching a year since my brother's death I think I've turned from a loving aunt to a most despise aunt. I tried so hard to make their life as how Abang was around. I'm the tough one..i nagged...i threw tantrum and poor muhammad always getting the rotan from me since he's the notorious one. Notorious in a good way, he's very expressive, very vocal and very loving to his mama. But at the same time he's attitude has taken a step too far, he treats my SIL very badly and giving bad examples to the younger ones and all she could say was..tak boleh..kita tak boleh berkeras sangat..kesian, he dun have a father. He's 12 and next year will be a new life for him. If he's lucky he'll get into boarding school, and how he'll survive there I seriosly don't know how. This is the year if we want to make things right, i kept telling my SIL. She needs to be stronger, show who's the boss and start reprimanding him for his mistakes. Reprimanding in a way taking his play time or tv time if he doesn't finish his homework or cut his allowance if he keep slacking in his studies. And whip if necessary. She has to enforce this because she's their mama. At the end I'm doing it, I'm doing all the dirty job, not that I mind but i'm becoming 'cruella de ville' here. Everytime I'm trying to set the rules straight like not to eat in the room then comes their uncles who will completely ignores it and I don't blame them either coz that's how they were brought up. My SIL has to wake up and jumpstart her engine. It's still not too late. At the end of the day, the kids will just think...hey..who the hell she think she is?? my mama?? and that's exactly how i'm feeling right now after the row with Muhammad last night. I keep telling or asking myself?? what the hell i'm doing fighting like cats and dogs with a 12yo kid???

The kids are so dependant on mama. They can't even study on their own....yg 2 org umur 12 tahun tu pun the same...and I can't blame them..mama has to be around...the only time they don't need mama is when they're playing or watching tv. When I want them to shower first before taking dinner on school days, my SIL will sometime change it..oohh..it's ok they can have dinner first..no consistency in raising them. I believe instructions from parents must work concurrently, one should only act as a pacifier and not to incite or show disagreement openly.

There's so much I want to do with the kids. I want to bring them to movies and trust me they don't even know what is MPH let alone Kinokuniya. Bring them to movies is a taboo for my SIL. Her perspective is not to expose them to these things. I would rather do these thing with them than knowing later that they've sneak out because they want to be cool like other kids..u know watch movies..lepaks at McDonalds..etc..etc... I'd rather introduce them to the world of karaoke and not by some other punks in school. I want them to have balance in life. But at the end of the road the conclusion is they're not my birth children and I'm not their mama and never will be.

They's done miraculously in hafazan and quran reading but somebody gotta teach them about the real world. And that person should be their parents and in my case-my SIL. If only I can reach out to her.. but as usual and always my views don't count. I'm the bad apple of the family....

12 comments:

Bustaman said...

You a nanny?
You must watch Nanny McPhee then and less of the very nasalFran Drescher.

Tynna said...

awww...you're an angel for giving all your time to the children..dun worry, soon SIL will see yr good intentions and she will allow you to do what you would like to do for her children..
keep up the good work! you will be blessed!

Nour said...

Wow, was touched with your entry, as I can SO relate to you in the fact that I love kids too especially my nephews and nieces..Yup, you get frustrated at times when you feel that they don't bother listening to you etc. It's okay, just do what ever you feel is right, eventually as they grow older they will realise what good you have done for them. Sometimes when I get so frustrated with them, I would just get some breathing space for a few days and do things I love doing..That helps I tell you! Other than that..keep it up woman! GOD knows you are there coz youu care.

UglyButAdorable said...

pokku
~i might just do that. maybe ader extra tips ker..fran drescher is like fairy tale la pokku..maner ader real life nanny camtu..trust me.

blackfeline
~i dun think any mom wud like to be told on how to raise their kids. insya allah..byk byk bersabar la nie..

Nour
~tu la nie nak bagi breather nie..kusut kepala nie pikir..
btw - nak ke no. massager tu?

Mama Rock said...

there's only so much that we can do - the rest wil take its own course.

AuntyN said...

I think the children are like that because they know at the end of the day, you are not their mom. One day you may leave as well. Also becuase they know their mama will back them even in whatever they do.

Am just a gal said...

u're so sweet.. keep on searching, dun wait for buah untuk gugur... if the person is not worth now, he or she will not be worth even in 10 years time

UglyButAdorable said...

btb
~tks..sometimes susah kan life..but i selalu ingat ader org lebih susah from me..
~camno nak petik..tinggi sangat..:)

Berisman said...

Most parents are incompetent.They become parents because they got married and have kids.

Btw, I love watching movies too...now I can't wait to watch Da Vinci Code.However,I was dissappointed with Mission Impossible 111- a lot of action ,but nothing great about the storyline and technology.

The Reader

UglyButAdorable said...

i hope one day when I'm a mother myself i will be everything but incompetent. No parents think they're incompetent with their kids, but i'm happy to say that some fellow bloggers have actually given me an idea of being parent.

oohh..yes pak adib..all my past time that I want to catch up with, one of it movies..i'm re-defining my priorities..

MA said...

Mas :

We share the same values in raising kids. I would prefer to be the one to *expose* them to the real world and tell them the good and bad side of it. Rather than them sneaking and get the wrong information from their friends.

And I agree - in meting out rules and guidelines - there should be consistency. A NO is a NO, a YES is a YES.

You are doing good. But of course, Rome isn't build in one day.

UglyButAdorable said...

yes..ma..it's so frustrating..i guess i have to wait for my own broods...