Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Is spelling important??

I remember when I was at school aeons ago..whenever the teacher goes..ok girls it's spelling quiz now..and everybody will go...aaahhhh... at that point of life I remembered that those who can't spell correctly means they have to stand at the class corridor...damn!! that was so low!!! Now I thanked the teacher buckets for teaching me the importance and greatness of spelling words correctly. That's the least I could be proud of since I'm a horrible writer and speaks broken english... the thing that really gets me annoyed when receiving official documents from people is spelling error....really...once when I was a nanny for this royalty household and we have this breakfast ramadhan menu where all the muslim staffs are invited to breakfast with the boss.. i was shocked to see the draft of the menu done by the supervisor. One of the household is a black american who always eats his home cook meal cook by the Siamese chef..

SOLE FOOD????? it's god-damn soul food for cryin' out loud mister!!!!

But when I got this in my inbox, has all my effort gone into waste, has spelling become less important nowadays??

Olny srmat poelpe can.

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

if you can raed tihs psas it on !!

8 comments:

ays_as said...

amazing seh!!!
but we still need the correct spelling :D

UglyButAdorable said...

yup i agree isas..but a friend told me that this is a gift from god for those who's dyslexic..

Am just a gal said...

:) I manage to read the sentences correctly.. if spelling is not important i can now type the way i like... sounds good

booGie said...

lu cakap german kah?

Idham said...

:) amazing....i can read every word..!
sxeually atcive pepole can raed wlel.
hehehe...just experimenting je...

:)

idham

Mama Rock said...

whoa! my typo error will always give me this kind of spelling. thank god for spell check!

Am just a gal said...

wah Idham.. I can read well too.. but does it means that I am sxeually atcive pepole

UglyButAdorable said...

~boogie~
cakap "jaws" laa..

~blownaway~
as per nzn..i can read that..am I sesually active?? hahh..hahh..

~mamarock~
yes ma..thk god for the spell check..dah tua tua nie..lari lak spelling nie

~nzn~
we are sesually active..hehh..hehh