Sunday, May 14, 2006

Dearest Mommie....

Dearest Mommie,

With long words overdue, I'm lucky to have you and thank you for loving me even on my bad days....

Mama

She used to be my only enemy and never let me free,
Catching me in places that I know I shouldn't be,
Every other day I crossed the line,
I didn't mean to be so bad,
I never thought you would become the friend I never had.

Back then I didn't know why,
why you were misunderstood,
So now I see through your eyes,
all that you did was love,
Mama I love you,
Mama I care,
Mama I love you,
Mama my friend,
My friend

I didn't want to hear it then but I'm not ashamed to say it now,
Every little thing you said and did was right for me,
I had a lot of time to think about,about the way I used to be,
Never had a sense of my responsibility.

Back then I didn't know why,
why you were misunderstood,
So now I see through your eyes,
all that you did was love,
Mama I love you,
Mama I care,
Mama I love you,
Mama my friend,
My friend

But now I'm sure I know why,
why you were misunderstood,
So now I see through your eyes,
all I can give you is love,
Mama I love you,
Mama I care,
Mama I love you,
Mama my friend,
My friend
Mama I love you,
Mama I care,
Mama I love you,
Mama my friend,
You're my friend

Always.....
~Your apple of the eye and the bad apple of the family~

To all the other moms outside there especially my fellow bloggers have a wonderful mom's day!!

6 comments:

Nour said...

I guess the wiser we get, the more we appreciate our mothers. When I was little, I found my mom to be difficult and strict but as time goes by I am thankful she was who she was la :)

BTW, Have a good Sunday!

Am just a gal said...

I love my mom.. I love her with all my heart... the very the shy one untuk mengaku, but I do really love her....

Kak Teh said...

u are never the bad apple of a mama - never. I shd know that. I have four! all different but love them all the same..tu tak masuk anak kucing lagi tu!
take care!

UglyButAdorable said...

Nour
~ i hope u had a good sunday..and yes our mommies..sometimes we wish she's like that mother etc..but i'm glad she is who she is..

Nzn
~i'm not very expressive before, but life abroad has taught me a lot..show your affection dear..try salam n cium tangan everytime you see her..or if u live with her, do it everyday..

Kak Teh
~ So meaningful especially coming from you..i always think that i'm not good enough for my mom..that i've never given my best..emmuahh..thanks kak teh..

ayong said...

so sweet..how we grow older i see a different side of ourself.

ChemGrad said...

aiyoo..now only i get the whole meaning of the song!!!!

lambat tol la kid!!

hype, nice meeting u..like ur thoughts!

thoughtful straightforward nice thoughts!

keep it up, mate!