Friday, April 07, 2006

Simple choice.


Is there anything as simple choice? For the past 3 days my inbox kept receiving the same e-mail over and over again from different people. It made me think is up there tryin' to tell me somethin'? For the past weeks, actually since I came back from Umrah i'm feeling kinda down. The Big Boss himself told me that I'll have a new boss soon. I'm fine with having new boss but his designation in the organizational chart is at the same level with me and the previous colleague that was in that position, both of us report directly to the GM. This really has a big impact on me, I mean for me is demotion of authority, big big demotivation, felt unappreciated so on and so forth. I mean wth his tryin' to do?? i have 8 peeps under me, how would i ever explain this in words..aagghhh..it's unexplainable. can anyone feel me here???

everyday for the past 3 days, i've been reading this e-mail every morning, just to cheer me up. it worked but come end of the day i'll somehow feel down again. i had a chat with another colleague of mine about this e-mail. and this is wht he said. - is so true that he did all those things before. wakes up in the morning and thank Allah for giving him another day. and he actually smile all the way to the train station greeted peeps that he knows along the way even in the cold cold gloomy wet winter. i mean cold, gloomy and wet winter?? it's very frustrating, trust me it's not the best combination. but things change after he got married and have kids. and i was like what?? and then he explained, not that he don't love his family but with all of that in his plate he has only 1 choice to make, that is to make ends meet. he cannot afford to be jobless, he cannot afford to earn less than what he's earning now and barely have few pennies left by the middle of the month. with his responsibilities he's all tide up...if he was single, he would be able to make the choice easily as he can make it for months just with salads and olives. i think this is really sad situation. i would like to say here that having a family it's not a 'situation'. it's supposed to be a new life..i mean if and when i do get married and have babies, i would not want to say that they're the one who puts me in this 'situation'. it's all in our hands. how we want to raise our kids? pour them with the 'material' love or cherish them with our unconditional love? off course all parents wants to give the best to their children, piano lessons, swimming lessons, ballet class, drama class, dancing class..etc..etc... but sometime i see parents over doing it. i have a friend a single mother who has a maid but the maid is actually more a nanny. she takes care of the 2 years old daughter and not do a single chores at home. everything is just for her daughter, cook for her only, clean-up her room only i mean this is so not right. does she wants her kid to grow up to be a spoil brat? now i think i'm not the best person to even write about this so i'll leave it to you'll parents to decide or elaborate further for my future reference. i might be wrong...

what i really wanted to express here is about myself. should i feel threatened, should i find another job, should i ..should i... or should i..so many shoulds. so i've decided that i'll wake up every morning and begin my day with alhamdullilah, all praise to Allah for giving me another marvellous day, marvellous air to breath, marvellous food to eat and many many more marvellous things to come. i always believe that everything happen for a reason and Allah does His things in his own marvellous way, it's up to us to figure it out and appreciate it. I'm gonna be positive and optimistic about it. And i hope i will be able do this for the rest of my life till my last breath.

There...is that simple.

Oh Allah, bless me with your nur, your mercy and guide me to the right path.

have a marvellous day and marvellous night...

~~~~mumblings of mass 2 marvellous~~~~

3 comments:

Bustaman said...

Bersyukur with what you already have and berdoa for things that you want and berserah to the fact that only Allah knows what you need.

UglyButAdorable said...

trimas pok ku. very comforting sgt sgt. insya allah akan senantiasa berdoa to Allah and be thankful for wht He's given me.

Cherry said...

bersyukur and yet at the same time do open for other alternatives, testing the water gitu. when the right oppurtunity comes, take the best calculated risk and bertawakal.
life is toooo short to be worrying toooo much, worry little-little oklah.