Thursday, June 15, 2006

Should I or Should I not??

Dear Mr Lxxxx,

I am bringing up this matter because this is really affecting my morale. I am really looking forward to receive the new PC which I've waited for over a year. I was shocked to find out that I'm not receiving a new one but instead will only get a handover PC from accts. dept and XXXX will get the new one instead!!

To compare my PC and ex-HRM PC's, my PC is just as bad. It has a lower ram, infected by virus badly that it hangs couple a times a day that they have to re-configure my hard-disk and my monitor have lines moving up and down and I've endured this since day 1. After checking with X-FCcumHR-X , I just could not understand and accept the reason that he needs it because he has to come up with a more 'sophisticated' report than I do.

I think I've been unfairly treated since day 1 he came aboard. The fact that I'm forced to report to a Chief Butler when it has been a year plus and known to everyone that I don't report to the previous chief butler has been very de-moralizing.

I feel like I have been demoted and that my contributions so far has been devalued.

I would like to request for the following :-

1. The new pc that was allocated is reinstated to me.
2. To revert line of reporting back to you.

I hope you will kindly look into this matter and consider my requests.

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards
mzz
-------------------------------------------------

MXX

Not sure what the case is with the PCs and X-FCcumHR-X is not around to ask. This can wait until I return to KL.

Regarding the reporting, you will have to wait until the new GM starts; then this can be re-evaluated.

Best regards
Lxxxx
GM Special Projects

------------------------------------------------

I am indeed very dissapointed with the GM reply not only they were not concrete replies, the fact that he totally ignored my "demoralizing effect" at the moment, is very disturbing. As an employee, I think I have every right to express my concern and unhappiness and it is only right for a superior to revert on it. And I think I've done it in a best possible manner...excused my english though.

So this is what I've come up with.

1. He's doing it intentionally, so that I'll resign on my own accord.
2. He's a GM Special Projects, whereby he handles several hotels project from the management company so he dun care piss about it as it will be the new GM call. Note that we have been operating without a proper GM since September 05.

Maybe I didn't get his cue when he hired SXXXX earlier. He did mentioned to me on one of casual conversations that this SXXXX is coming and I'll be reporting to him. I asked him why should I because by right, if we want to go into SOP's/PnP's he should report to me. He just brushed me off and say that I'll have a wonderful time working with him.

I just cannot bring myself to report to this asshole...yes the dickhead who cannot even write a proper minutes and why the hell he needs a 'sophisticated' pc?? He can't even use the spell check for cryin out loud!!!


I love my working place...

1. I like my team at the moment. They're great..yes they need a shout once in a while..but that's only normal.
2. I like the flexibility..I'm not a a wife or a mom but I'm an Aunty with 5nephs and nieces. And I live with them..so sometimes my work gives me flexibility especially when situation calls for my help.
3. I like that I can park my car for free here. Hey..car park it's no shit matter..it's damn expensive in kl to get a spot!!
4. The distance is just nice that I can leave home at 8.30. It has many ins and outs that even on wet days I can get away with the heavy traffic..good heh?? or is it me with the good sense of direction...
5. I like the free meals..saving quite a lot here. On average a working individual spend RM10.00 for breakfast, lunch and snacks. Or is it only me??
6. I have nice crisp uniform that I wear daily..so safe me the endless monthly trips to the shopping malls for office attire.
7. I'm entitled to free unlimited laundry and dry cleaning.
8. I work well with other HOD's and rank and file apart from this dick head..but I keep my professionalism attitude with him.

I hate this place....

Because I have to unofficially report to this dick head who stammers in morning briefings, can speak or write decent english and once I caught his staff bringing chicks into the room while on his overnight duty manager..he does nothing..no showcause letter..no shit!!! and then I found that he did the same before..so he's hold to his balls by his own staff. Nevertheless I did not see him doing this with my own eyes so I'm not going to accused freely. But it's getting to my nerves...that someone who's not even confirm dare to break the rules.

Ok..not that I'm a goody goody but I have my limits. I believe that one should be professional in work and never ever let the subordinates step on the head.. And if someone is daring enough to do hanky panky thing, one must be able to hide it well too.

And I seriously think I'm underpaid..maybe I should make a move.

I hate that my GM treats me like this but twice when doing appraisal all I get was good comments and constructive criticsm...so I'm confused shit!!

I'm furious I'm full of anger and frustrations at the moment...but I'm keeping it cool and I'm not gonna make a drastic decision..though my mind is pleading for me to just go and leave this shit hole. My pride and dignity are deeply affected by this..aargghhhh..i dunno??

So anyone out there with some sober/constructive advise and maybe have any suitable openings for me..hahh..hahh..just kidding.

But the advise thing..I need that..2 heads are better than 1...

11 comments:

maklang said...

Take it easy dear...maybe you should take a break and spend some time away from work. My place is always available...

Hajar said...

adorable, take it easy. just our luck. things will work out, but if it doesn't maybe you should... move.

Mama Rock said...

uBa - selalunya it's not the company or your collegues yang buat ta*k, but selalunya the reporting manager...such is life!

Am just a gal said...

Hi, we're same here "And I seriously think I'm underpaid.. even I have to cover most of those imortant and P&C thingy"

Dimanakah keadilan????

booGie said...

Sabar... Sabar.
Gi tengok World Cup gih.
Penat kang tak ingat tu semuanya.
Gerenti di situ

Ordinary Superhero said...

Adorable, sabar and don't make hasty decision. The best way to calm yourself is to read/recite the quran after your prayer. InsyaAllah it will work.

gravtkills said...

wah quite a predicament...if it was me i think wud hv left the place a long time ago

Nour said...

Hiya,
First of all bawak besabar..
Take time off to clear yr thoughts..
I rasa if you are not happy with yr current work place, slowly find a new job..but do it when you are really sure ..tak nak keluar mulut singa masuk mulut naga...but then again there is always a risk in a move..other than that jgn stress2 nanti sakit hati je.

Idham said...

adorable:

we spoke abt this in YM.. you knew my view....so not repeating them here.
Keep a cool head yea...!

And let me know if need to talk further.

IDHAM <--anytime!

ayong said...

i been in that situation before. My previous asshole was a male who came back working from oversea. He was given the upperhand from the bos but shyly he delegate his work to me the black sheep. I took over his job after the big bos realize that the asshole has been handing over his job to me for a year. After a month i resign. The bos has call me couple of time if i wish to return back after the asshole made a blundder. Nooooooooway. just a sweet revenge for me. Morally justice comes in time.

maklang said...

Lamanya tak update