Sunday, July 01, 2007

Health babbling

Once upon a time long long ago....

Day 1

A - Eh..u know I went to see the doctor about this..etc...etc...blaa...blaa... then he advised to see gaini.

B - Hmm..I heard the gaini in this hospital is quite good..reliable...so and so....

Few days later....

A - Ehhh..where you went? not feeling well ka?

C - No lah...just went to see my gaini for the usual check up..

A - Ehh...you also pegie jumper gaini kaa?? which hospital?

C - Hospital so and so...

A - Famous yaa dr gaini...she's everywhere...

C - Ehh..mestila all women must see dr gaini niee..

A - "Dalam hati" I must see who is this famous gaini...

Another couple of days later...A went to the said hospital,

A - Excuse me..saya nak jumper dr gaini. Is she around?

Receptionist - Ader. Have you made any appointment? Gaini maner yg cik nak jumper?

A - Alaaa..dr gaini yg famous tu..byk kawan I jumper dier..

Receptionist - Err...gaini ader byk cik..which one do u wish to see?

A - Errr..gaini ader byk? wht do you mean ader byk?

Receptionist - "Senyum senget" Oooo...cik, I think you've misunderstood...gaini means

GYNAECOLOGIST, Doktor pakar sakit puan...Itu bukan nama cik.."senyum sumbing"

A - ooo....err..if that's the case you just book me with the best laa..."control macho"

Muahahaaaaa...muahahhaaaa....tu la perasan terer lagi....

Ok back to a more serious note...

I read the recent news about our drama queen actress Azean Irdawaty who already had her surgery to remove the lump and is now undergoing chemo.

May she fight this disease with a strong heart and may Allah protect her from any distress for He knows best...

We seem to take health issue lightly, time may have changed, technology have gone up by major scale but our people mentality on health is still at the shallow end. I for one have to admit this. "head down"

I remembered receiving a letter from my GP in UK in the year 2003 about my pap smear test. I was suppose to go for my 2nd check-up as they found a small cyst which they have taken some cell to do further test. At that time they told me that it was nothing to worry about.

I did not return for my 2nd check-up as I've flown back to KL and did not attempt to do so in KL after my mom got a shocked of her life that I took the pap smear test.

Being a semi conventional mother she is, she was like...eh pegi pap smear?? U are not married yet, why you do that? Did you know that they have to stick it in?

I said, yes mom, and for you information, all the girls in UK gets a letter from their GP on this test as soon as they finished high school.

Then I add on, takkan la org yg tak kawin sampai umur 50 don't need to get the test?? This disease is not only for married women kan Mie??

She just kept quiet. And I did not pursue with any follow up till now. No..I'm not blaming my mom for her lack in knowledge on this.

I just did not expect to look it at that angle - anak dara tak leh buat pap smear nanti pecah dara....Didn't expect that.. Has some sense in that... I dunno...anyone has opinion on this?

Anyway it's my body, I should have been more persistent.

I shall look into this pronto and also I've to do my mammogram, which I've never done before.

Anyone can recommend any reputable and reliable Gynae? Mind sharing it with me?

Since we're on health talk here, they say - You are what you eat... Research shows that the many diseases occuring now that was rarely heard couple of decade ago is due to the food we eat. How far true is this?

Lets see the picture and explanation below...



Something to ponder....

Fast and easy microwave cooking for you?
Read and you decide...

Subject: Microwaved Water - What does it do to you?

Posted by Ms. Nenah Sylver....

Below is a science fair project that my granddaughter did for 2006.
In it she took filtered water and divided it into two parts.
The first part she heated to boiling in a pan on the stove, and the
second part she heated to boiling in a microwave. Then after cooling
she used the water to water two identical plants to see if there
would be any difference in the growth between the normal boiled water
and the water boiled in a microwave. She was thinking that the
structure or energy of the water may be compromised by microwave.

As it turned out, even she was amazed at the difference.

I have known for years that the problem with microwaved anything is not
the radiation people used to worry about, it's how it corrupts the DNA
in the food so the body cannot recognize it. So the body wraps it in
fat cells to protect itself from the dead food or it eliminates it fast.
Think of all the Mothers heating up milk in these "Safe" appliances.
What about the nurse in Canada that warmed up blood for a transfusion
patient and accidentally killed them when the blood went in dead.

But the makers say it's safe. Never mind then, keep using them.
Ask your Doctor. I am sure they will say it's safe too.

Proof is in the pictures of living plants dying.
Remember YOU are also Living. Take Care.

--------------------------------------------------

And I just finished my mid year appraisal with my boss.

Hear this...on of my objective...

Is to reduce 8kgs by mid next year....boleh kaaa?? Like it has anything to do with my work performance.

But being the usual me, I took it positively and proudly nyer nak announce that I've been going jogging for the past 3 weeks on my off day.

Ok so that's just once a week..but it's a start yeahh...And I jogged non-stop for 35minutes...wow!!! The 5 months of walking to and fro the lrt station has definitely paid off.

Next swimming...anyone wants to join. Skarang dah ader burkini.

Untuk mat-mat yang bacer, burkini yee...bukan bikini okehh!!!

6 comments:

Kak Elle said...

I pun nak slim lagi... kalau dekat I sure join punya (bahasa apa ni)....haha

malas nak exercise apa nak buatkan?balik kerja dah maghrib...weekend busy busy makaning:)

so am now taking reductil 15mg ..... sudah turun 5 kg woh

akula said...

I have the same issue. Malas giler nak eksesais. Last year 3 bulan non stop. Looks like buat yearly affairlah.

elisataufik said...

tapi kan mas,
cervical cancer ni is actually a transmitted disease. It develops from a virus that can only be spread by sex, so actually kalau you are not sexually active, memang tak payah risau.
TAPI, since they found a cyst, you should go and have it checked anyway. Sebab even though it might not be cancerous,iIt could affect your health in some way (i.e. painful menses ke, tak cukup/terlebih hormone ke, susah pregnant ke)
Pegilah jumpa Dr.Gaini tu.. heh heh.

Cosmic_GurL said...

Every woman over 30 must do a pap smear tak kira lah whether she is a virgin or not :)

UglyButAdorable said...

~kak elle~

apakah itu reductil?? tlg share itu rahsia...jgn kurus sendiri shj..:)

~akula~

yearly affair is better than nothing.. marilah kiter memberi sesama sendiri semangat..hehhh..hehh

UglyButAdorable said...

~elisataufik~

yes..i will indeed find that infamous dr gaini

cyst sound bit worrying now..:(

~cosmicgurl~

alamak...dah lepas 3 nie..tks sista..