Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bagan Datoh



Couple of months ago when I travelled to Bagan Datoh for my niece's wedding, I took some beeeyootiful pictures. Being a city girl my whole life so seeing things in the "kampung" or village excites me. Both side of my late grandparents home was in the city too.

And thank god, the pictures is coming in handy for now.

Apparently Bagan Datoh, which is in the state of Perak is the biggest rice producer for the country. I always thought it was Kedah. But please, this is not a confirmed statement.

Unlike in Kedah where we can see the paddy field from the road side, here we had to divert into the "kampungs" road to do so. You would not imagine that behind the houses by the road side was stretch and stretch of paddy field.

And funny I thought like in all paddy field they uses scarecrow to chase away the mice. But not in Bagan Datoh. You see the picture above labelled as the Bat House?

That's what they use to chase away the mice. They sleep during the day and fly out at dusk and throughout the night for food.

There, I hope this is just a good information to all as it was to me...:)

See you in the next entry.

Adios.

_________________________________________________________________________



We are blogging for 24hours to garner support for Raudhatus Sakinah, a continuous project by WanitaJIM that exists to help the society tackle the social problems, specifically amongst teenage girls. They need funds to continue the good job they're doing.

So if you like what you're reading, Click here to make your pledge and directly donate to the charity Raudhatus Sakinah.

No comments: