Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday "Bright" Blues

As expected I was out sick today. I woke up again to heavy head and aching body. So I decided to skip the day. Then I thought, if this "layan sakit" mode goes round for another day, I'll be a dead duck by the end of the week. I need to some sweat..

So I called up the service centre to fix an appointment for my car, which is like 10000km overdue. I figured if I'm gonna doze off again, I might as well doze of while waiting for the car. Kill 2 birds with one stone ehh...

Then I checked my clinic book to see the nearest appointed clinic. Ouuh.. it's opened at 8.30am. So at about 8am, I got up and carried my sorry ass to the toilet for a quick shower. Got dress and gelled my hair. The thing about bob cut wavy hair, you've gotta have decent gel on it or I would look like "pompuan mati laki". So in my pathetic state, I still gel my hair.

Reached the clinic by 8.35am, registered and waited. Called the office. Saw the doctor at about 9.15, because by the time I got in earlier, there were like 4 people ahead of me.

I saw a poster about weight loss outside and so I asked the doctor about it. The doctor just said, the only way to loose weight is to eat less and exercise. All these weight loss programme are eventually bad for health.

I said, really??? Well he looks more like a sinseh than a doctor so that figures out the conventional thinking.

Then I asked him to check my bp. I've had nurses having problem find my veins in process to take my blood but for bp...hmmm..never. This doctor had to do twice. And when he wanted to do it the 2nd time he just said, I have to try again aaa..because you are so fat....ello!!!! he's lucky I'm too sick to reply anything.

Whatever la doc!!! Most importantly, I got my MC for the day.

Then I went to the service centre, It was almost 10am. I finished Dina Zaman's - I am a muslim and slept like 3 rounds while waiting for my car. The weather didn't help either, it was raining the whole morning till noon.

Then I decided, since I'm so near Subang, I might as well go and do my atm banking at hsbc and eon. So I drove towards Subang. As soon as I turned into SS15, I can't help to stop at the rojak and cendul stall. I haven't had that for ages!!!

I told myself, I have the antibiotics, paraceps and cap ibu dan anak. These should help, and off I went and queued for a plate of rojak sotong and telur and then a bowl of cendul. Bought a bottle of water and whack my antibiotics. Mind tricks ehh, eat that and no amount of rojak or cendul will do any damage. Am I sick or what??? Ouhh.I tapaued 3 rojaks for people at home.

Continued my banking then head home. OOpppss..I dropped by at the apartment to pay my maintenance fees. Now that's done, means I've almost done all the banking I need for August. Productive ehhh...And I'm feeling much better by late afternoon.

Got home and rest for awhile.

Did I mentioned that my handphone went kaput like a zillion times and lucky I have my back up 3310. But dangit!!! most of my numbers are in the phone memory and the "menu" keypad doesn't work.

Maybe it's time to say goodbye... It's gonna be 4 years in Sept.

About 5.30pm I went to the nearest IT Centre. It's not Low Yat but can do for me. And suddenly I have the urge to eat Char Koay Teow and Teh O Ais.

I went up to 3rd floor and scout for my new gadget. Call me freak, but I somehow cannot settle with 2nd hand when it comes to gadgets like this. My eyes was locked to only 1 model. I thought I'm gonna have a hard time to choose but it was a breeze. Well of course I would like the latest Dopod or a lil' sumthin' sumthin' high end phone but this one's ok for my budget at the moment.

Next step, which shop gives the better bargain. I went to about 8 shops and the last one caught me. Not just the model availability but also the friendly "Ah Beng" who worked there. Also he gave the best offer with additional stuffs. And he managed to transfer my phone numbers into the new SD card. Sad to say my old phone can only do one to one transfer. And guess what??? I have almost 400numbers stored. Imagine his fingers!! But he did it and without the slightest frown. For doing that I gave that phone for free. So good ehh..

It took him almost and hour and a half to do all that. And while he was doing that I had my crave fulfilled. Aaaaaaa....one of my best sick days..I'm definitely getting better.

I was contemplating between 2 models of the same kind. I finally settled for the updated version, because it had 1.3pix. I like taking photos, but borrowing in the family sometimes gives me "kecik hati" like, go buy your own laaa...pinjam tak tau pulang or pinjam kalau rosak sendiri mau hingat kinda thing. U get me??

So for about 100rm more than what I budgeted, I can strike off my intention to get a new camera, for this year at least.

Again killed 2 birds with one stone... I offered the "Ah Beng" my 3310. He said 20linggit... forget it I said. I might as well keep this for rainy days like today.

I said goodbye to "Ah Beng" and said, see you in 4 years...and he said aiiyooo!!!

I laughed and he laughed too...

I got home happy and feeling much better.

Went to see my mom in her room, and she said "tak makan bubur pulut hitam tu" and I said, "I'm gonna eat now".

See, mom knows I like this. Infect I remembered few years ago before I left for UK for the first time to work, she asked me what I wanted to eat. I said "bubur pulut hitam". She just said, "tak yah la, dah sihat, tak makan pun tak rugi" I just kept quiet.

A day before my flight, she cooked a whole pot for me. She has instinct she does..

Also I remembered one fine weekend, my SIL called up.

"UBA, on the way now, no need to cook, we'll buy somethings. Tell mommy.

So I told my mom, she just went, Ehhh...my son and cucu wants to come and you said no need to cook, terrible laa..so malas. Tell them no need to buy, just come straight, I'll cook lunch.

Aikk...me yang kena marah,it was not me who said no need to cook??? Kena!!

She cooked for us a fabulous feast that day. Everyone licked their fingers and my brother refilled twice which he rarely does. Even the cucu's are enjoying themselves.

11 days later, my brother died. Till today she remembered the last time she cooked for her beloved son.

You see??? How can I "merajuk" with my mom? I can...but not for long..and I don't want to do it again..it's tiring.

So I went to the kitchen, ate my bubur. I was asking the maid something when I saw her standing behind the dining room counter which have view to the TV at the hall. I asked what was she doing? And she said sheepishly - tgk tv Ibu.

I did not say anything nor I showed a dissatisfied face. You see we have one spare tv upstairs, my old tv. When we wanted to get a maid, I offered this TV to be put in the kitchen. My Kak Long went berserk straight. And of course what she says goes and mom has no objection.

I mean 2 years contract and no TV?? How mean can someone be? I don't know...I think this is too much. I've worked in a private household before and I clearly understand the feeling. If my ex-employee did not supplied us with the cable tv and gave us a day off in a week, I would go cuckoo. So imagine my maid with no TV for another a year and a half to come?? Don't even mention about off day or having mobile phone.

I understand the action are based on the many reports by relatives, friends and media. But humans has sense of judgement and heart. Just got to use it wisely.

Well that's just my view. And because my share for the maid's fee is just peanut, I'd rather keep my mouth shut. My energy's drained out especially when it comes to my Kak Long.

Wooww...ain't this a loooong post for a sick person?

Have good week you all....

27 comments:

Cherry said...

wow no tv for 2 yrs ... that's a bit mean for todays standard. anyway, you can be nice to the maid in yr own way.
i like bubur pulut hitam gak.

Iced Nyior said...

hey babe! get well soon

Anonymous said...

ByK sIoT bReaK! kEjAp2 MkN ...lArIkKk
TaKdE Hp SpAre KeR kEr???

Eddie Putera said...

awak beli phone apa wei ??

Azer Mantessa said...

i was about to say that ... long productive post for a sick person

:D

trueblue said...

Wow..looks like you had a productive day :)

P/S: I love bubur pulut hitam!

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

laa sakit ke uols?
aaa makan ubat taw! finish ur antibiotics, skarang ni musim uols...!!!
Hp i pon jenis nak kena balik longkang je...opss jgn cakap, satgi dia merajuk lagi...

Nazrah Leopolis said...

uih sempat makan cendol ss15 seh...

yg kat tepi tangga depan parade, dekat madrasah n masjid tu eh? aduhhh rindunya subang jaya!!!

hope u are feeling better.

Ordinary Superhero said...

It's really loooong post. Hope you are feeling better.

Red Raven said...

Hmmm.....now i have cravings fr rojak n cedol...yum..yum. So how r u feeling today? Better i hope? Hmmm..kesian jugak kat ur maid...no tv for anyone can go crazy u know

Kak Elle said...

oh panjang lebar nya entry ni...so got new toy to play with eh?btw ah beng takde card reader ke?

bubur pulut hitam my fav too...

Cosmic_GurL said...

YAYT! Mmg panjang giler your post ni. Tercungap-cungap jugaklah baca..hehehe..but then again, what a productive day u had!

Eh org tak sihat blh makan cendol ke? Bkn cendol tu ada ais ke? :)

UglyButAdorable said...

~ninuk~

yup..me think so too..tapi nak buat camner?? queen dictator kata no tv!!! so i'll be nice in my own way laaa..watever i can..whenever i can

~icednyior~

hehhehee..feeling much better..ader gadgets to play with ehhh...:)

~ABS~

ader..3310 tu.nak ker??

UglyButAdorable said...

~broJin~

leeerr...yg gambo tu ler...

~azermantessa~

it means..i'm getting better..hehhhehhee...

~trueblue~

productive gilerrs!!! and sedapkan bubur pulut hitam tu...

UglyButAdorable said...

~missy k.u~

nyah sakit nyahh oiii...tapi dah baik dah skit...

mak pakai stock longkang nyer phone gak..4 tahun tuu...la nie baru upgrade skit..

~nazrah~

hehhhehheee..kat masjid tu..sedap nyer...missed those times yekk..

tks i'm getting better already..

~brohero~

very looonnggg indeed...n tks for the wish..

UglyButAdorable said...

~red raven~

feeling much better.tq :) and got yur rojak n cendol already??

and yes..i'll go berserk..but hey who am i?? got no say here...:(

~kak elle~

ah beng nak bagi..tapi lap top dah ader pot for card reader..so i asked for sumthin' else

kan??kan?? sedap kan??

~cg~

hehheeee..tu la pasal lepas tu beli air and telan antibiotic and ubat batuk..nyehhh..nyehhh...

Red Raven said...

why no say pulak? ur tv wat...n u can give it to anyone u want

itot said...

UBA, u sakit, banyak nau burung yang mati eh? =D
skang macamna rasa, feeling better now? Aduh duh duh itu bubur pulut hitam pun saya suka tu..

Nour said...

UBA, u bought the same phone dgn I...but mine colour gray...okla been using it for almost 8 mths already...:)

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

It's always the case: We feel so much better walking out of the clinic. Hope you've bounced back to the pinks of healthiness. And enjoying the new phone.

gravtkills said...

that rojak and cendol in front of shell ah

akula said...

Kalau sakit long post macam ni. kalau tak sakit camna gak nyer kan.

merapuman said...

hope u r better today :)

did you get the 5300, as shown in the picture. I just got my wife the 5200. She seldom takes pictures, so i go for the lowest spec.

merapuman said...

sebab sakit lah panjang akula... duk rumah boring sorang2 :)

UglyButAdorable said...

~red raven~

it is my tv..but she rules the house and the maid. remember my share for the maid is ciput only la bro..:(

~itote~

ehh..bukan bird flu laaa...naya la kalu tu..

ye memanglah sedap bubur itu...

UglyButAdorable said...

~nour~

iyee?? i wanted grey...takder la plak..so i got the blue, sbb i cakap i taknak samer ngan ah beng ahbeng yg lain tu..hehhhh..hehhh

at the mo, i'm content with the phone..

~WA~

yups..that's always the case...:)

and thank you...u have a good week too..

UglyButAdorable said...

~gravtkills~

yup bro...deliciouss!!!

~akula~
hihhhihh...i wonder too..:)

~merapuman~

yup..i got the 5300, i so need a camera, malas nak pinjam pinjam...and yes silence can kill..jadie utk menghilangkan boring itu la jadienyerr...