Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Crazy deed


I seriously don't know what got over me.

Picking up strangers for a lift??


I drove to work today because I had a whole day of training session. Parked at a public carpark opposite "smell good" Dang station. It was a wet evening today. After the training ended at about 5.30pm I stopped by at the office and hanged out while waiting for the rain to subside.

At about 7pm I walked over to my car and as soon as I entered the car...terkial kial with my umbrella and bag..came this man to me. I was a bit scared. His hand was behind his back and I was imagining the worst. He asked me for RM2 and when he was about to tell me his story, I just shrugged him off and shut the car door. Immediately I locked it.

I felt guilty to the max. I don't know why. I kept glancing to my right to see this man who went back under the shade, I guess waiting for other resources to come by. But something in his face is telling me that I should have given the 2 bucks he wanted. After all it's only 2 bucks....even if he's not telling the truth, so what??

Ignite the car and drove out. I stopped almost at the exit area and was still feeling guilty. Kept looking over this man...But by this time he was gone. I felt guilty to the max.....

Then I saw a white male hailing a cab under the drizzling rain. 3 cabs stopped but none willing to take him to wherever it is he wants to go. The road I'm exiting was free from traffic but opposite road traffic was moving like a bunch of snails.

I still feel I must do something to cover my guilty conscious state. So after few text messages and a phone call and this guy is still trying in vain for a cab, I rolled down the screen and shouted...


Me -

Hi there...

You know...I don't think there will be any cab going to anywhere it is that u wanna go...

He -

Ya...I don't know why, where I'm going there is no traffic...

Me -

I'm sorry, I don't usually do this, but I was on the phone and saw you trying to hail a cab for quite sometime already, I can't help it but to ask.

Where are you heading?

He -

I'm going to bla...bla...cangkat ceylon...blaa...blaa...

Me -

Ok, c'mon I'll give u a ride... Hop In..

He -

Ohhh...thank you so much...

Inside the car...

I was babbling to him about my feeling guilty over the 2 bucks that I needed to do something good to make me feel better. So is his lucky day today...

Sempat la aku interview mamat nie...works at Wisma Denmark with Alcatel, his name is Thomas and from France and he lives with few other french mate and one spanish guy and aaaalllll of them works at Alcatel...dan sumer nyer berumur 25 tahun....has been here for 10months and they have a 2 years contract...uiii....nasib la pangkat adik adik utk akak..kalo takk...mak dah mintak nombor tepon!!!

After I dropped him off...I just realised that I could have gotten my self killed..ok maybe that's overrated..but heck it can happen!!!

Aper nak jadie ngan aku nie... Always do things wayyyy ahead before my right brain have the time to think..

Btw...I'm going for an interview tomorrow..tolongla doa doa utk aku...it's my dream post and I'll be the youngest to ever hold the post in the association..if I get it.

Please Allah...if this is for me...please grant it. If not, please open more opportunities...Amin...

------------------------------------------

And don't forget the Blogathon 2007.

Stay up and make a difference!!!

Or better yet...sleep early and wake up for my slot..hehhh..hehhhh

My slot it's changed to 5am - 7am...

Bagus lepas tu terus pie jogging :)

23 comments:

Red Raven said...

Ok what... u did a good thing. Kudos to you...

Iced Nyior said...

ensem tak dier? did u get his number? pass to me laa :P

Kak Elle said...

gee for $2 u risk by giving a lift to a total stranger...lucky nothing happen UBA.Anyway a good deed being done:)

Kak Elle said...

psssstt....good luck with the interview if its yours it be will be yours:)

Anonymous said...

UnDiLaH rOsAk JoM..gOoD lUcK fOr InTerViEw & GoOd InTenTiOnS aNd ReCkLeSs GuIlT iS oFtEn LiNKeD.
cAyALaH.....

itot said...

Agaknya bila dah turun kete si Thomas tu pun terpikir 'Hish cemana lah aku buleh main terima aje ajakan kakak ni naik keta dia? Sib baik takde apa-apa jadi kat aku' Ngehngehngehhhh...

Good luck for the interview!

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

kan...
mat salleh katanye. umor 25 tahun?ayohhh tak nak bagi i..!!!apala u ni..ish ish ish..tolak rezeki tu..setakat no. tipon apalah sangat uols nak dibandingkan dengan uols give him a lift tu...kan..tapela u ols, Insyallah kl niat baik Tuhan akan tolong kita...tadela macam sesetengan pengote tu..opsss..*larik topic dah..

good for your interview..control cun!

maklang said...

sure dah lepas the interview ni, tapi maklang doakan semuga berjaya semuanya ye,,,

UglyButAdorable said...

~raven~

tks dude...berani mati gak la nie..

~iced nyior~

alaaa...takder la fiona...sbb dier cakap 25 trus kensel...

~kak elle~

kan kak elle?? going nuts nowadays... and tks for the wishes..berdebar debar gak nie..

UglyButAdorable said...

~ABS~

wa caya lu pun laa.!!!

~itote~

tks itote...budak tu nampak cool jer...mak y hati berdebar debar...

~missy is ku~

nasib mamat bukan pegote you...hahhahhaaaa...kalau tak hancuss...

UglyButAdorable said...

tima kasih ML...tks for the doa and everything else...:)

Azer Mantessa said...

:-)

have a nice weekend.

Cosmic_GurL said...

Would you have done what u did if it was a Pak Hitam instead who was hailing for cabs? Answer Honestly. Even if u were feeling guilty abt not giving the RM2 to the guy.

Have a good weekend dear :)

Anonymous said...

good luck for ur interview sista !!!!

Unknown said...

Good luck UBA...hopefully you get the post ya...

Insay'allah akak akan do'akan UBA...be positive and always be cheerfull (I know you do...hehehe)

Take care and muahsss..

katakbesar said...

hmmm..
the different between
the 2-buck-man and the cab-guy
i) one was asking for help the other was offered
ii) the buck-man was perhaps wrong in his method i.e. in surprising manner
iii) the cab-guy looked 'safer' for anybody to extend their assistance
iv) the cab-guy was the result of the buck-man

but hey,
it was a split-second decision
if only we knew...

akula said...

Ooops, yeah we do crazy things sometimes. Good luck for the interview. Pas tu jangan tanya interviewer tu, eh engko nak tumpang aku dak? Kekekek

elisataufik said...

mas,
the codename for you know what is fingerprint.

good luck and have fun!

-elisa

Ordinary Superhero said...

Be careful but always trust your heart. I bukannya baik sangat, tapi dah banyak kali sangat tumpangkan mat saleh sesat, akak tukang sapu jalan etc. etc.

UglyButAdorable said...

~azermantessa~

u too bro...:)

~cosmicgurl~

kalau pak hitam..i wud hv to hear his slang first...kalau ala ala puff diddy maka okeh jerr...tapi kalau dier bukak jer mulut bunyi cam rwanda ker..ooo...tu takut!!!

btw..i have couple of black friends and they rawk yo!!! 2 of my girlfrens kawin dgn black pun..:)

u hv a nice wiken too!!

UglyButAdorable said...

~nore~

tks lil' sis..:)

~radengaloh~

insya Allah...u take care too...

muahhss..muahhsss..

UglyButAdorable said...

~katakbesar~

welkam katak besar....

actually it was not a split second thingy..i was on the phone like almost 10minutes and saw him hailing cab and 3 stopped but refuse to take him..so i think i had a lot of time to think, but wht i didn't think was, was me...

~akula~

hahhhaaaahaaa...tks bro..:)

UglyButAdorable said...

~elisa~

hmmmm...will check it out soon and yes i will...

~brohero~

and that's why you're the HERO...:)