Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Fair Trade Pleaseeee...




Here's the season to be jolly...traa...la..laa..lalllaaa....yup it's back folks, the season where it will leave you with a burnt pocket..ouchh!!!

So I'm trying to do some shopping too..well considering I don't shop if there's no sale, so I'm not going to feel guilty for doing so now.

When it comes to big big sales like this I usually will duck in just like the rest of ya ladies out there..yaaa..u out there!!!..u know grab stuffs that you'd be eyeing from last summer or so..so who cares if it's out dated..I dress for comfort not to please others and if that's what I can afford and that will be it then.

What pisses me off is, why does a plus size range have a plus price tag???

Because the plus size needs an extra yard of fabric or does it need a bigger sewing machine or does it need an extended yarn compared to the *normal*size???

Demmit!!! This is a no fair trade!!! I have to spend a lil' extra just to get some decent clothing. Whether it's at the mall or even pasar malam..oo..ok lets be realistic I will never..I repeat, never in this life time will I get anything that fits me in pasar malam if I stay *ugly* like this.

It's bad enough that Mom IS ALWAYS nagging about this... for her there's no life and dressing up for *ugly* peeps like me. She will go balistic if she sees me wearing a top that ends just nice up at my ass. Noooo, it has to cover it as far down as possible.

And when..when will KL have stores that have sizes in ranges i.e short, medium and tall for the pants. So help me gawd because everytime I find a jeans or pants that fits my neat ass I will have to send to the "Ah So" for friggin' alteration. That's another few more bucks!!

I so wish I'm in the Big Ben right now....where I have Ms Perkins & Mr H&M rendering me their latest at a ssoooooo affordable price...that is of course if you're earning the Queen E notes....aargghh..gone are the days.

Ms Perks here is not so very friendly with me..and her bunch of friends too like Ms Read, Ms Scarlett, Ms Total Women though I must say she makes me feel like a total woman and now they have another new friend in town - Ms Big Brown Bag. So flippin' plus price!! I try to stay away... but sometimes I bulldozed them, so sue me.. I'm so looking forward Mr H&M's arrival here for all the dry roses out there. Big is beautiful aye...aye Sir!!

27 comments:

Am just a gal said...

sis, thank so that u need an alteration, like me I hardly can find jeans that 33 in length and above.. 31 is not for me please.. macam mana nak pakai high heel ni?.. kadang jadi tinggi pun susah (perasan mode)

Mama Rock said...

dont need to say about plus sizes, the normal size clothes are simply too small of an xl! i can never find my size!

Anonymous said...

Mas where is big brown plus size store? Looks like we are all in same situation like mamarock too.I always imagine you to be in the petite size*wink*.I will buy a LOT when I go on holiday,oversea XL is really XL compared to some shops here...they are very generous with the cutting too.I will shop in Australia most time their plus size is worth getting.My very close kat Perth will get some tops for me when there are sales and keep them till anyone from there or here vice versa goes there.Their crop pants fits me nicely when it suppose to be 3/4 to them its my ankle length no need alterations.Do you know even stockings I get there because of their big and tall size....hehe....here in sg we do have XL TO XLLL shops as you mention the price goes by the size in some shops.Anyway happy shopping ek.

D.N.A.S said...

Senasib le kita. I'm a size UK16.
Kalau bukak wardrobe, semua baju Ms. Read (yang dibeli time sale!!!!) hahahahah.
So far I think only Ms. Read punya cutting yang ngam-ngam with my figure. Nanti nak try masuk Big Brown Bag plak.

Ordinary Superhero said...

Hadir, but no comment.

Cherry said...

reward yourself leee sekali-sekala shopping sakan oberC or not oberC ...

Lollies said...

mari sini. aku sungguh slim disini. wooo hoo. tetiba je aku jd saiz s. muahahaha

Nour said...

tell me about it, i just go all pelik when I see those petite sizes they have at MNG, I normally go for Ms Read as the prices there is reasonable during sale, as for the big brown bag tu I have seen it in metro, definitely pricey but the material tahan lama I guess. But you know Factory outlet has nice tops for plus sizes tapi kena cepat as the stock finishes fast!

P/S: How was dinner at dome? Sigh !I cldnt make it as I was still stuck at office. Sedih :(

Tynna said...

plus size clothes?...hehehehe...lucky for me I didn't give them away yet..I'm going thru a phase where I'm starting to just stuff myself...dang! I spoke too soon babyface!

anyway, we have Dorothy Perkins here in SG too but the price kills..and if you do find shops that sell oversize clothes in housing areas...the cutting will be bad..and who wants to dress like chorus girls? all in the same colour and pattern?

Nore said...

eh..big brown bag tu kat mane ?

Freak and Geek said...

selamat bershopping!

Anonymous said...

waa shopping!! nak nak! emm tapi fulusku takder..huhu..diam diam ajerlah nampaknye..huhu..

Hajar said...

kak mas, more to love and to hug!!
i have the same problem finding pants...

Angel Eyes said...

did i hear sombody mention the word 'shopping'?

LET"S GO!!!

~ GAB ~ said...

Allow me to leave a comment similar to what I did at AKUBUKANBIDADARI blog.

I can shop in 10 minutes. While driving, I would have the exact place to go and I'd target my move to be at the shelf once I reach the place. While picking up the goods, my eyes will be roaming for the counter with less people are queuing for me to get out very quick. And... I still enjoy shopping...

Idham said...

Ermm....me love shopping too...and am an impulsive shppoer...selalu tu beli more than i need....but selalu beli for loved ones too...hehehe....in fact more than beli untuk diri sendiri laa....

jom gi shopping......*smile*


Idham

Cosmic_GurL said...

I hear ya sis. We are in the same boat. Sigh...

maklang said...

Apa susah....relaxlaa...ramai pun kawan2 yang macam kita. Jom kita bukak kedai unutk orang2 seperti kita.

Maklang jahit baju sendiri or pi tempah aje....

Mme RoSsé said...

aloha,
where are these nice shops?

ayong said...

rezeki shopping tak boleh ditolak. walau pun duit sendiri yg mengalir.. mcm ade panggilan sayu2 dari mall..

UglyButAdorable said...

~nzn~
yelah..tinggi susah, pendek susah, kurus susah, gemuk pun susah..camner yerr??


~mamarock~
one of the reason why i miss the kingdom..baju sumer tak susah..takder budget?? charity shop bersepah2..pilih jerr..

~kakElle~
nyehh..nyehh..very deceiving kan nick UBA nie..tipah jgn tertipu ok.. tks kakElle. nanti mas gie s'pre kiter shopping samer2 kay..

UglyButAdorable said...

~dnas~
yeah u shud try BBB nie..i like the jeasn cutting. sesuai with my big ass nie..hahhhahhhaa but it sooo damn expensive!!! dier nyer sale is minimum RM90!!! mampuihh!!

~bro hero~
bak kata mak andeh - attendance ticked..*smile*

~ninuk~
ye la kan..i keep telling myself i dun shop on other season..so i shud splurge once in a while yaa..

~lollies~
ye la lolls..dulu2 aku di kingdom pun..raser cam petite gitu...

UglyButAdorable said...

~nour~
auuwww..miss u there..shud have just dtg jerr. yup it's definately pricey la this BBB nie. factory outlet yaaa..must check it out.

~blackfeline~
nyehh..nyehh..i'm sure you're still a bomb sis!! DP memang la mahal nak mamps. why laaa..why laaaa.. yes..i'm not ready also to buy in bulk and in diff colors..aiyooo!!!

UglyButAdorable said...

~nore~
the one i went was at SACC mall shah alam..tapi rasenyer based on some comments there's one in metro and i think kat curve kot??

~jade~
jar..u skinny gal..me jeles of yur height u know and that legs..ooo panjang oooo..

~angelEyes~
yesss i didd...lets go!!!

UglyButAdorable said...

~gab~
i do, do that. when i'm doing my groceries shopping hehh..hehh.. maybe i shud start doing it for the clothes and shoes too..

~idham~
bro..great meeting u and the rest. impulsive shopper..eehh..i think i oso laaa..penyakit2..

~cosmicGurl~
u are?? same boat with me..no kidding!!! boleh la gie shopping together2 nie.. sbb kalau pie shopping with my kurus fren..nak masuk mng la zara laa...aper nak beli kat situ..??

UglyButAdorable said...

~maklang~
alaaa..ML terer laa..boleh jahit..mas nie tgn kayu laaaa.. good idea gak tu bukak plus size store with reasonable pricing..

~damerosse~
the one i went was at SACC mall..there's one in metro apparently..

UglyButAdorable said...

~ayong~
panggilan sayu tu killer betul!! hancuss dibuat nyer..remuk pocket..

~fng~
to u too..:)

~itot~
itot, yu're in oz dahling..pie jer charity shop..lots of things there..unless you're not comfortable wearing it laaa kan..shopping skit2 jer..