Saturday, May 05, 2007

Along's Nikah



Along Fara..that's what we call her. The eldest of anak ibu and abah. My cousin's daughter. Kak Teh's daughter. She finally tied a knot today Saturday 5th 2007.

Along..I considered her as my first niece eventhough her mom and myself are only cousins. Kak Teh is only about 15++ years younger than my mom. Arwah Wan brought them up together. So we were very close. So close that all my brother's children call her Mak. She took care of Zahin, Muhammad and Habib for almost 4 years I think.. She especially has special bond with Muhammad. He was as big as the palm when he was born. If you's ask his mama how did she bathe him? She would answer, I don't know, it was all done by Kak Teh. They were like the son she never had. So Along and siblings were very close with the boys too..She was like their big sister. Despite the feud going on currently, Along always makes it a point to visit the kids when she can. She's such a sweet girl. But don't underestimate that small heart..she has a mind of her own.

Along, I know Ibu was not keen with your choice, but I'm sure he has something in him that you see and appreciate. And dun worry about Ibu ok...she has her flaws but don't we all have that kan? Hati Ibu macam kerak nasi...I'm sure she just wants to make sure that her eldest angel is well taken care of..as her promised to your Abah once upon a time. Achik UBA wishes you all the happiness and great blessings!!!

Congratulations Along...

May you newlyweds will have a great life ahead and bless with wonderful kids.

It was scorching hot that afternoon. And of all day the road leading to Kajang from Cheras was giving bigger problem than usual...Like the normal traffic was not enough. And to add on, Along's future father-in-law car broke down..they were like really late. The nikah suppose to be at 2pm started only at about 3.45pm. Imam was already edgy since Asar is just around the corner.

It was a moment of stress if you asked me. With all the aunties and cousins commenting here and there..I would have lost it. But Along you just sat through it cooly...memanglah you anak abah yg penyabar...none like Ibu's genes yaaa..

Alhamdullilah, despite the dugaan everything eventually went well...food was good..

All not to well that ends well....

Now next week for the kenduri and the week after at the groom's house...phewww...what a way to spend 3 of May weekend's...and I'm pretty sure..it's gonna be scorching hot like it is always in a wedding...

4 comments:

Ordinary Superhero said...

Tahniah to the lovely couple.

Azer Mantessa said...

congratulations to the newly wed and to the utie :-)

this layout is very nice ... cozy ... i like :-)

Kak Elle said...

congrats to along and her hubby my doa they will be happy always.

Nour said...

Congratulations to the newly weds..Semoga Berbahagia ke anak cucu!