Thursday, November 09, 2006

Unpredictables

Like the unpredictable morning highway traffic, my life too has been bumpy and unpredictable especially for the last 5 years.

I did not predict in my early childhood that I will be working abroad alone as soon as I past my quarter of decade birthday. But I did.

I did not predict that at this age I will still be single and no kids, because only that who knows me knows how much I love em’. And I’m still single.

I did not predict that I will lost my brother at his early age of 36, I always thought that all of us will at least grow ripe together and not until I’m married the elder siblings will keep bugging me because to their mind I’m a gone case. But he went away without notice.

I did not predict that my innocent looking Sister in Law whom we love dearly, who knew my late brother until his time of death was 23years in which 13 was their married life will re-marry in less than a year after his death. A sister unlike my 2 other rebellious sisters whom I thought will forever love my brother dearly, whom I thought won’t ever disobey her parents, but she did. She got married far away on the east coast without her parents consent. Yes she did. Apakah pesanan arwah yang masih terngiang-ngiang di telinga on that last Friday? Jagalah maruah dia. Thank you sis, thank you kerana menjatuhkan maruah abang saya dan tolong jangan jadikan alasan bahawasanya Abang telah meninggalkan wasiat kepada Ustaz itu to marry you dan juga jangan jadikan anak-anak sebagai alasan. It’s sad to see that there’s no place in your heart saying it’s not ok to be no 2. I would have not imagine in a million years that you have a heart to rip another woman and 2 young kids happiness just to fulfill yours. But you just did it.

Zahin, my first nephew cried and cried while my sister and brother spoke to him about situations. He's only 12... I wish I was there when they spoke to him. It was important that he knows that despite all the things happening, he can always come to Abah's family for help and that nothing will change, our love will be the same..he's a victim of the situation. I feel his tears even in my absence. At least at the age of 12 I had a father, I'm sure he did not predict that Abah will only be around during the first 11years of his life and before reaching 13, he will have a step father. But it happen...

I never thought my mom would be diagnose with RA at an early age of 63. Never came across my mind that she would never again cook for us that delicious home cooking. All we can get from her now is instructions on how to cook a dish and despite the right ingredients and methods I still don’t get her taste, her passion, her aroma…..somehow or rather my satisfaction is not fulfilled. But I thank my sister for cooking us that scrumptious meal for Raya. Great effort sis.. I would not be able to cook all those meals, even if I tried.

One thing I’m sure and predicted is that my Abah won’t change. I was alone when I fisrt saw the Petronas advert for Raya..I cried buckets.. I had no one that I can share this moment with. The next day I told my mom about it...Sometimes after Isya, I got a text.."dah tengok..mum and me nangis wooo" I ran downstairs to see my sis and mum..sedihkan mie?? hahaaa..tu la uncle helmi cousin abah tu..ooo no wonder he looks familiar. But what I'm trying to point here is..I dun want to do that to my Abah..no matter how he was or is to us. Sometimes people outside the family do not understand our situation. Abah can be so nice to strangers but have a never ending revenge towards his family. For the whole month of Holy Ramadan despite doing the saum and terawih all he has in words for our cousin is how nasty is his children and wife and the unimaginable cursed. Bukankah kata-kata seorang bapa itu adalah satu doa? I hope one day Allah will show him the right path and that we’re not as bad as he think and mommy is a good mom and wife. For now, my siblings and I will do our level best to entertain him and at the same time take care the jewel of the family.

Life’s so unpredictable or almost all of it are. Despite all this I’m counting my blessing for having a mother and father, for having sisters to argue with at the same time knowing that I can count on them in my time of needs, for having a brother to listen on when I need a listening ear and not “I told you so”, for having 7 wonderful nephews and nieces, for having wonderful friends online and not online, for finally having a job that I’m happy with though I think I should earn more, for being born a Muslim though I have lots of catching up to do, for the only 1 ex I had who taught me what love and relationship is all about… and for all those wonderful memories sweet and sour of my life.

My life would be meaningless without it and the people around me, past, present and future.

Thank you..thank you..syukran..jazakallahukhairan….

Till my next entry I would like to end this with my usual better late than never wishes,

Selamat Hari Raya & Maaf Zahir Batin to all my fellow bloggers and readers.. errr..ader kerr??


1. Anggerik Merah
2. Aunty N
3. Ayong
4. Azer Mantessa
5. Bertique
6. BTB Bro
7. Boogie
8. Blackfeline Sis
9. Bro Hero
10. Cosmic Gurl
11. Dayang Zone
12. Freex n Geex
13. Gab
14. Gravtkills
15. Bro Idham
16. Intan the SING Goddess
17. Isas
18. Itote
19. Jade aka Jar Miow
20. Jlop Jollie
21. Kak Teh
22. Kak Lady
23. Lollies the Doha Goddess
24. MadameRosse
25. Mak Andeh
26. Mak Lang
27. Mak Nenek
28. Mama Rock
29. Merapu Man
30. Nadia
31. Ninuk
32. NoreMourinho
33. Nour
34. NzN
35. Pak Adib
36. Pokku
37. Romancing The Stone
38. Sheryl
39. Sue Ixora
40. Sya the Kakak Bowling
41. TruBlue
42. Twisted Joe
43. Not forgetting..Kak Elle in SING & Kak Lady in SA

Not forgetting too my EFX2 buddies...

1. Dory
2. Elisa Taufik the Al-Khobar Goddess
3. FamyGirl
4. LazyDaisy79
5. Yes..lollies again..:)
6. Moonlite
7. Nadia
8. Nonah
9. Offlionandbear
10. OndeOnde
11.Primary Basic
12. Rotidua


A sms that I send before Eid which was not invented by me, but I kinda like the words.

Ada saat
Mata silap melihat
Telinga salah mendengar
Lidah terlanjur berkata
Fikiran khilaf menafsir
&
Hati silap menduga

Mohon maaf dan ampun sempena Syawal yang mulia

31 comments:

Ordinary Superhero said...

Welcome back Sis! It has been a long hiatus.

Yes life is so unpredictable. As for your SIL, just hope that she will find happiness for her and her kids. Also hope that you will always keep in touch with her kids so that they will not feel being alienated by the circumstances.

UglyButAdorable said...

hehh..tks bro..always the first ehh..

it's hard to even talk to her now...mom doesn't know it yet. we dun think she can take it for now. but yes the kids are our concern..we'll do our best.. tks again for the sound advice.

Am just a gal said...

Wilcome back dear sis... ages!!

Your words.. touched my heart.. sob sob :(.. but as what you told.. every single this happened, we can't predict.. coz it's unpredictable.. but do believe things happened for a reason...

itot said...

huhu lamanya you tak update, rindu tau ;) sayu lak baca your post ni UBA. anyway, selamat hari raya yer..minta maaf salah silap..

trueblue said...

Hey babe...
Been waiting for your update. Good to hear from you again.

Life is sure tough babe. Many ups and downs. You just hang in there and keep your chin up. Take care..

~ GAB ~ said...

Sayu je baca UBA tulis... Selamat Hari Raya, still not too late to wish. Right, life is so unpredictable, it's all in the hand of God. My ustaz told me when I was a kid, Usaha, Tawakkal, Doa - that's what for us.

Mama Rock said...

mas, welcome back...lamanya menghilang and selamat hari raya to you too. this entry touched me, yes, life is full of ups and downs - but it has to go on and we learn to make the best of it. take care dear.

Nour said...

Mas,
it brought tears to my eyes when I read this entry of yours..because I can so relate to what you are feeling or undergoing. It must be a tough journey for you now..Anyways, I wish you all the happiness you deserve.

Salam Aidilfitri
maaf azhir batin.

Azer Mantessa said...

as always, life is unpredictable.

selamat hari raya to you too and maaf zahir bathin.

Lollies said...

let's wish your SIL happiness.

try maintaining contact with your nephews and nieces ok. I wish them the best of future life

predictable life is mundane. unpredictable life is ujian.

ays_as said...

yups dear..

life is soooo unpredictables..

saya doakan ketenangan dan rahmat Ilahi sentiasa bersama awk...

Kak Elle said...

welcome back sayang lama menghilang ...Mas its all written by HIM so just accept SIL marriage and most important keep close ties with your nephews and nieces.Yes life is full of ups and downs akak akan doakan yg terbaik for you.

UglyButAdorable said...

~nzn~
hi ya sis..yup i do believe things happen for a reason..:)

~itot~
ntahla tahun nie byk nyer yg sayu..takper la kan..this is all a test..i've been having too much good times..

sama-sama la yer itot..:)

~trublue~
hey babe..it's good to see that u still hangin' around tis sad dame..:(

i'm keeping my chin up for sure insya allah..tks beb..

UglyButAdorable said...

~gab~
tks bro..it will be exactly like wht my late bro would have told me.. :)

~mamarock~
you're the rock ma!!!
no point sulking kan..just make the best out of everything..i wil ma..u take care too.

UglyButAdorable said...

~nour~
i'm just a sicko cry baby right now..every single little emotional stuff makes me sooo emotional.. it's a tough journey it is..but i'll make it thru insya allah i hope..tks nour..

~azermantessa~
tks bro..:)

UglyButAdorable said...

~lollies~
yes i'm wishing all the happiness for her.. wht i cannot compute in my head for now is..how ..why..maybe sometime along the way i will.

as for the kids...mintak2 la yg terbaik..i promise myself to be there whenever they need me..

totally agree with u beb..life is mundane kalau boleh dipredict..

~ays_as~
tks dear..ketenangan itulah yg diharapkan...

UglyButAdorable said...

kak elle..i honestly feel like u r like my sister..sister yg jauh looking and always giving me a sound advise. i'm accepting the lot here kak..tapi tu la..bile i kenangkan yg zahin cried n cried..i just felt..where is her motherly sense?? it hurts so much...tak leh compute langsung for now..

n tks for the doa sis..:)i'll pray the best for u too..may one day we'll be able to meet..

Typhoon Sue said...

UBA, whatever her reasons, however hard it is for you and your family to swallow, IT IS her choice and her right...

what's important is that the family must be supportive of the kids, not to cry with them or at them, but to ensure them that it's gonna be ok. It is, I'm sure.

It's a tough world, but inside each person's heart is a will to survive. You just have to tap into it.

Hang in there ok!

Kak Teh said...

UbA - you've said it - life IS unpredictable. But would it be easier if it is predictable? I think not. Take care.

Anonymous said...

mas...sedeh dan sayu bila baca.
u take care there.
selamat hari raya juga from me, maaf zahir batin.
semoga awan berarak...

*hugs*

bro idham.

Kak Elle said...

Mas thank you for accepting me as big sis which I am :)come and visit my blog at last I decide to have one too ...jeles org lain ada blog...hahaha....yes insya'allah we will get to meet one day with you,sya,kak lady and mak andeh and of course mak lang too.You take care - look at the bright side and cheer up.

UglyButAdorable said...

typhoon sue...my life is in typhoon for now...tapi this is a test right..and i totally agree with her rights and all..but the fact sampai boleh mengeluarkan fatwa sendiri tu yg tak tahan tu..but hell..who am i to argue..

i'm hangin tough ere'...

btw..selamat hari raya n maaf zahir batin to u yer...

UglyButAdorable said...

kak teh..absolutely right..it wun be much easier...u take care too yaaa..salam aidilfitri dr shah alam...

UglyButAdorable said...

bro id..i do hope the clouds will go away and the days to be better..insya allah

n how r u? r u in good health?

UglyButAdorable said...

auwww..kak elle..finally..i will definately singgah..:)

and yes all the big mommas n one single me..that'll be rawk!!!

Jane Sunshine said...

Hey u are one strong gal to face all this family issues at such a young age. But I always feel God only gives us what we can handle....Selamat Hari Raya to you UbA.

UglyButAdorable said...

so true jane..so true..only HE knowa our strength...

tks..:) do u celebrate raya?

Hajar said...

*hugs*

maklang said...

Assalamualaikum adekku...

Lama nya tunggu nak update nih...TQ for the sms. Ada terima dan ingat dalam hati..

Take care. Maybe boleh jumpa cuti bulan 12 b4 Christmas, InsyaAllah...

Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah, Zahin & Muhd got 5As.

UBA, you're not giving in. You juz don't wanna lose your nieces and nephews...

I juz knew about your SIL story. Really I thought she married the ustaz for the sake of her children... but when I heard the "real" story from a friend, I know she's been in love with that ustaz for quite a while.

Sayangnya, your SIL won't meet Almarhum Amir in the Jannah. How could she decide to remarry within a year? I was surprised when I heard the news. Nasib baik tak dapat heart attack.

I thought she knew better. You gain a husband but you lose your parents, siblings, and everybody in Almarhum Amir's family. That shows the marriage is NOT for the sake of her children. THAT OBVIOUSLY shows she juz need a sleepingpartner.. Tak sangka SIL you tu macam tu..:(

Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah, Zahin & Muhd got 5As.

UBA, you're not giving in. You juz don't wanna lose your nieces and nephews...

I juz knew about your SIL story. Really I thought she married the ustaz for the sake of her children... but when I heard the "real" story from a friend, I know she's been in love with that ustaz for quite a while.

Sayangnya, your SIL won't meet Almarhum Amir in the Jannah. How could she decide to remarry within a year? I was surprised when I heard the news. Nasib baik tak dapat heart attack.

I thought she knew better. You gain a husband but you lose your parents, siblings, and everybody in Almarhum Amir's family. That shows the marriage is NOT for the sake of her children. THAT OBVIOUSLY shows she juz need a sleepingpartner.. Tak sangka SIL you tu macam tu..:(