Monday, November 13, 2006

The Unexpected Visit

Once upon 14years ago..... (picture have been removed on the request of the bride)


On Sunday morning the controversial SIL came by with the kids and allies, I would assume for Raya visit. How cruel can that be?? Only allowing the kids to see the grandmother on the 20th day of Raya.

She went back to KT for the whole 1st week of Raya and only made an effort to call us on the first day of Raya. When she came back, the weekend next was to introduce her newly wed husband to the neighborhood and check this out… one of her allies actually lied to one of her invited guest by saying my brother attended the function and had gone home!!! Allah is Great, that guest happen to know my cousin and the whole thing just blurt out. They were invited to the house and SIL mentioned “dtg la ader surprise” That guest was obviously surprised indeed and gob smacked by the whole thing.

I came back from work, my cousin called me up to tell me what happen. Didn’t complete the conversation, my battery died and in that instance I had to pull over..bloody police man saw me on the phone without my handsfree. Damn!! Was my fault anyway… So I got stopped and alhamdullilah did not get a ticket. But I had to answer whether or not I can settle the whole thing by “belanja them officers makan”

Lose the badge...moron!!! Bebas rasuah konon… And what did I say…

Encik saya memang tak nak kena saman, kalau encik tanya saya laaa.. tapi saya jugak tak boleh nak belanja makan sebab nie dah macam rasuah… kalau itu yang encik nak..baik lah encik saman saya..

He handed over my I.C and reminded me not to do this again. I said thanks and apologized and agreed it was my mistake. Phewww!!! Kalau tak terbang RM150… but either way I felt good for not giving into them… cam skema gitu kan??

Anyway back to the unexpected visit, my sister actually chased my SIL out of the house. Yes ladies and gentlemen, that’s my Big Sister… She was the closest to my late brother, she felt disgusted when my SIL first voiced out her intention to get married by telling her a hadith which goes somethin’ like –

Kalau ada yang lebih baik, go on and marry him. Was this guy so much better than my brother? Only Allah knows…. And btw, in this hadith, that other better man, was Rasullulah himself which of course at that point of time is every woman’s dream to be the wife to the greatest man on earth.

What she did not do was to finish the hadith – Tetapi kalau ia adalah seorang ibu tunggal yang sanggup berkorban untuk membesarkan anak-anaknyer, tempatnya nanti adalah disisi Rasullulah S.A.W

If anyone reading has the complete version, please do fill in my comments, I would really appreciate it.

Dan bermacam-macam fatwa lah yg dikeluarkan while on the verge of getting married. That she did not need her father’s permission for being a widow laa… don’t need him as a wali la…and macam-macam la lagie. Well I’m not gonna argue on this as I myself am not an expert.

The kids alhamdullilah did not see this whole scenario. As soon as they salam Wan, they ran up to the TV room.

Before my SIL saw my mom, my sister spills the bean. Her tears drop. Her motherly instinct sensed that SIL had married but she was in denial. Now the truth has come… Mom redha…..

For some unknown reason I’m always not around when these things happen. Zahin again dropped his tears, Summaiyah even though she’s only 7..her facial expression can be clearly define. Mom did not want to add salt on to fresh wound..she didn’t ask questions like, what do you call him, or is Mashitah sleeping in between them at night… she don’t want to put them in an awkward situation..how wise of her… all she said was to all the kids that they must behave and take care of themselves.

I called her brother today. I felt that I had to apologize on behalf of my sister. I’m not condoning her act but I’m also trying to understand her frustrations. When anger take over our sanity, everything is possible… He understood and told me that her sister and her allies deserve it.

Till my next scribbles…salam and peace to all

14 comments:

Am just a gal said...

After 20th days of Raya... my mom cried on the 2nd days of Raya, when the "cucu" was not ard, but ur mom 20 days... hope ur SIL could be more wiser

trueblue said...

Rasa macam tengok drama swasta :)

Mama Rock said...

awww mas, i dont know what to say. just hope you guys are strong enuff to keep going on as usual. take care.

Kak Elle said...

OMG!! ur sis really chased her out?I don't think its proper after all kan masih syawal die dtg beraya.Forgive and forget ... just doa for their happiness esp the children,hopefully they are happy with mother's new love.

Typhoon Sue said...

BIG SIS chased her out? Is this the same BIG SIS with whom u had a tiff with a while back? Guess U and her probably see eye to eye on this one, eh? At last...

What's done is done UBA. Yea, I know it hurts. But instead of arguing on the merits of what she's done when she came visiting, perhaps you should be amazed and thankful that she came AT ALL.

You'll feel better in time, I'm sure.

Azer Mantessa said...

and i thot i've heard it all :-(

UglyButAdorable said...

~nzn~
wise is not in her vocab nowadays... sabar jer laaa..

~trueblue~
hahhaaahaaa...i seems to miss the drama swasta nowadays..adalah hikmahnyer...

~mamarock~
tks MR... i will have to learn to be strong when handling family emo..

UglyButAdorable said...

~kak elle~
yeah..she did.. i dunno whether i'd had the guts to do that.. well that's my sis..very very vocal and agressive.. sometimes i can handle her..sometimes i can't...

for now kak elle..for all of us it's a bit hard to forgive and especially to forget..insya allah in time it will.. children happy with mom new love..err..i doubt so..

~typhoon sue~
hahahaaa..yeah at least sumthin is still the same.. but i dun think i'd do wht she did..i dun think so..i'm more the quiet kind..memendam rasa... actually for now with my mom condition, it's better she dun turn up at all..just send the kids will be fine..

like everyone said..everything happens for a reason..in time i will see why..

~azer mantessa~
bro..this is just the introduction..trust me.

Cherry said...

UBA - i am amazed people can quote quran and hadith to "feel and make good". of course re-marrying is not a sin, but the approach has to be more diplomatic, isn't it. take care of yr nephews and nieces. did you get my email ... or pls email me ... ninuknoviati@gmail.com ... ada lahhh

Tynna said...

Hey there babyface! wassap! wassap!

ayong said...

me imagining ur sister chasing her out with penyapu sampah. Sometime it is daunting in life wishing heavenly and heavily even under the blackest heart that the person is actually sincere and doesnt act just that to be relieve of responsibility.

The feeling of to fly.
smack great and be brave

anggerik merah said...

Was here to read.

That is life..many things could happen.

Idham said...

aduhai mas....byk nye yg telah berlaku dalam kehidupan mas yg masih muda itew....

be strong ye....:)

idham

Lollies said...

i hope with ur sis chasing her out doesn't hamper your contact with your nices and nephews.

tapi kan, i think you guys should bless the marriage and doakan yang terbaik. dia ada hak kahwin lain. dengan sapa, only she is answerable. dokan dia dan anak2 sedara awak. ni my worthless 2 dirham thoughtslah.