Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Instant Mummy-Mummy segera

Is the translation above right? hhmmm.... this morning i was asked by my nephew what is 'ear phone' in Malay. so dgn confidentnya i answered 'alat pendengaran telinga'. but then it didn't sound right to me, coz biler translate balik it sound like hearing aid thingy. so i asked the help of my oversea frend, she pun blur jugak and the best part her hubby literally translated as 'telefon telinga' boley??? inilah resultnyer tipu my abah on the BM text book during my school days. it was too expensive the book that when abah gave me the money to buy, i instead went to town and spend it on marvellous mc'donald.

well anyway back to 'mummy segera', i was given the chance to raise 5 beautiful kids approximately 6 months back. this is after the sudden demise of my brother allahyarham hj Amir Zuhairi bin Hj Zubir whom i called abang. sesungguhnyer it happen when we least expect it. it was about 1.30am when my sis woke me up - bangun..bangun..kak ani call..abang at the hospital. i was like blur but immediately what came to mind was, dier had an accident ke? i just put on a shirt on my kaftan and we drove to ampang puteri with 2 cars. i was with my younger sis. it was total silent. none of us said a word. but it never occured in my mind that he has left the dunia for good. Allah lebih sayangkan dia. i walked into the emergency area and there i saw him lying down there with his serene face, arm folded and white cloth all around his face, i will not forget that look. i actually asked my mom, itu abang ke mie?? dier dah takder ker? and i heard my abah was asking, eri ke tu..ya allah anak abah.

so from that night onwards i took the responsibilty which i've considered is the right thing to do and i'm glad i took the responsibility. Mum i hope you redha that i'm here and not with you though the time when i was home i usually spend it sleeping in my marvellous complete room. 5 beautiful kids - 3 nephews and 2 nieces..each and everyone with their own characters, tempremental, blurish, tomboy, loving complete package all in all. i'm not trying to replace their abah nor act as their mama, but i'm just giving my natural support as any makcik will do. there's actually a blessing in disguise when i took the nanny job sometime ago. maybe Allah wants to prepare me for this. sememangnyer tahap kesabaran mestila maximum..twice i think i lost it and i felt really bad, i mean they're anak yatim. but i've decided to be the garang yet loving one like their abah and any pampering let their mama do it. so there's balance there, i mean i can't simply grow or implant testicles at the age of 30. but there's still no father figure for them to look up to except for their uncles..i hope these uncles will give the extra tlc. i mean i do not know what future has in store for me. what if i got married and obviously my responsibility will change like or not. Allah knows best, i'll leave it in His hand. "sesungguh Allah tidak bebankan kepada umatnya apa yang ia tidak mampu bebankan"

so now my activities..homework, baca quran, sports day, school trips, report card day, buat susu, feed the small one yg habitnyer makan tgh malam.... nagging...nagging and nagging without missing my fav marvellous tv series..i.e desperate housewives, csi, americal idol, sex in the cities bla..bla...but one thing i miss for sure is my marvellous cable tv - astro. when will i enjoy that?? susahnyer nak sacrifice hobby tengok tv nie..

1 comment:

Cherry said...

it is a noble thing that you did. raising kids are tough jobs - i tell you i got 4 sons of my own. but it is a rewarding one. just look at their faces when they are asleep ... you wouldn't want to exchange them for anything.