Friday, April 14, 2006

Exorcism deception

I got a call from my staff. Goes somethin' like this.
N-Kak, kalau Datuk carik saya cakap tak tau kat maner la ok..
(Sis, if Datuk call looking for me, can you tell him i'm no where to be found)

M-Apsal?
(Why?)

N-Alaaa..tok bomoh tipu tu dah datang, malas la....nak buat cam smalam.
(Alaa..the so called traditional healer is here...forget it..i'm not gonna do the same as last night)
M-eemmm..ok

And minutes after, i got a call from my Supervisor.
AR- Kak, Datuk kall cari N suh dtg jumper dier urgent, tapi N tak mau jumper? Camner nie?(Sis, Datuk looking for N and I've called him and he refused to go. What should I tell Datuk?
M-Ok, I'll handle this.

And I called N.

M-N, Datuk carik kau nie, pi la jumper dier tgk aper nak?
(N, Datuk is looking for you. Why don't you go over and see what he needs?
N-Agghh..kak, saya tau dier nak aper..nanti suh jadie org tengah lagi..tak mau laaa.. lagipun keja banyak..hujan lagi..basah saner sini..toilet kotor....
(Agghhh...sis. Please I know what he wants. He wants me to be the mediator again. I'm not going to do it. Anyway there's lotsa things to be done, it's raining and wet all over and the toilets are in a mess.
M-Eemmm..ok la..nanti aku call.
(Eemm..ok i'll make the call)

And instead fo calling Datuk himself, I called F/O.

M-Siti can you please get Datuk on his mobile and tell him that N is very busy at the moment and he would not make it. Please find someone else.
Siti-OK Cik Mas.

Now i find myself puzzled. Here I'm working with a Dutch boss who believed that last night was full moon and coincidently is "Khamis malam Jumaat" (Thursday Night) where the muslim believe is the night where we should recite extra verse after our Isya Prayer and not doing this hanky-panky rituals.But what did he do last night? He hired a "bomoh-traditional healer" who claims he can get rid of all the bad spririts around and in the hotel. And this is the first time in Malaysia I heard a bomoh distributes calling card - wow..maybe the boss should hire him to boost the sales. And to add on he actually asked about the payment term. Is this for real????

Well, he chosed my staff to be his mediator last night. Hellooo!!!! since when a bomoh use any tom, dick and harry to do his stuffs?? He agreed to do it only because he wants to find out the truth. And true enough, all the way during the rituals he was walking with both eyes close assisted by the bomoh and feeling sober at all time. He swore he was sober at all time and all the rituals were bullsh***.

On top of that I heard the Boss has agreed to a fees of 8geez...whoaa!!! that's a whole lotta money...i mean it cud be my bonus next year or my adjustment for mid year..damn!!!!

What I'm trying to say here is, not that I don't believe in "these things" but this bomoh is definately taking my Boss for a ride...i guess he's not that clever after all. Sorry Boss..I just have to say that. If you ever come across my blog, please don't fire me.

i'm humming twilight zone now...ooo..scarieee..

3 comments:

Bergen said...

You will have noticed by now that dabbling in superstition has become fashionable among those who used to view things unseen as hocus-pocus. The trend has spiralled to the limit with the production of supernatural oriented movies that feed on the unknown as capable of having an effect on you emotionally, and economically. Look at the number of Feng Shui's shops blooming in every part of the valley.

It's big business that's turning into an industry, ma'am.

UglyButAdorable said...

Big business ehh?? maybe i'm in the wrong business. but i don't think i can ever be a voo doo master to earn a living..it's against my principal. to do this i believe we must be sincere-ikhlas. Ilmu Allah tiada penetapan harga..

Idham said...

*salam*
kuncungan balas.....tQ...for visiting me..
may our friendship begins and blossoms...

idHam