Friday, October 05, 2007

Of good old days...



I got a call couple of days ago from an old friend. My alma mater will be having charity night dinner on the 3rd Nov. She was at the school doing some invigilating work and the teacher has asked her to help in selling the tables.

I have not been to my school since the day I picked up my SPM result. Phewww...14 years ago??? That long???

And after 14 years, some teachers still have my name at the back of their palm. Aaaa...and why is that??

My friend said somehow the teachers remembered more of the art streams students compared to the science stream.

And I said, sure laaa..who wants to remember the geeks??

We, the arts gals colored the school with life and attitude....but thanks to these geeks who made our school at top ranking year after year academically.

The good old days...This I must say was one of the best moment of my life. I shall cherished it forever.

I'm humming the school song now...but only managed to get to the second sentence..
Any Old Girls out there can help with the full lyrics??

Ouh...every convent I know have this other school that we're always trying to bring down...ours was MGS Klang...hahahahaaaaa.....which one was yours??

But I love my softball years and I thanked MGS for making us a better team.

Hustle up!!! Hustle up!!! Swing batter, swing batter, swing batter, swing...swing..

18 comments:

Makcik Runner said...

OMG! i was schooling there during the 70's from 74-79! i'm an old school girl there...haiya! for secondary i went to another school when we moved to shah alam then

and yes...MGS is our enemy then and still is now huh?

this entry sure brought back memories of yesteryears! thanx UBA fr this posting. i cant remember the lyrics anymore. its been that long

bluewonder said...

salam

my daughter is currently in the primary school. She is ever so proud of her Convent 2.

we were just talking an hour ago abt her school and how she could never dream of being in any other school but her precious Convent.

I'm sure she'll have many wonderful memories there

Kak Elle said...

UBA if yours is that terrer mine was 2nd best girls school in sg CGS...hehe...of course can'tbeat RGS....

akula said...

Wonder how you were in school....

Cosmic_GurL said...

Bukan ke "swing batter batter, swing batter batter"? Hehehe...

So u were a rascal in school la huh?

UglyButAdorable said...

~kc~

i lived in shah alam too somehow mom send me all teh way to klang to be educate. When i was 15, mom threaten to moved me to shah alam, aiyooo..i beg and beg and beg..finally tak tukar..phewww...

yes it does bring back memories..

~bluewonder~

aauwwww....sweet girl..i dulu convent 1..takpe la..aper pun biler masuk secondary there is only 1 convent..:) right choice you made for your daughter there :)

and yes she will indeed have lots of memories there..

UglyButAdorable said...

~kak elle~

kak elle, sumer convent pun memang terror, off course yg paling glamer kat sini is CBN - bukit nanas branch..hihihhii...

~akula~

hmmm...how yerr?? playfull, cheerfull, in between smart and skoopid...hahahhahaaa... lively..full of character..ye laa..kalau tak takkan cikgu ingat namer penuh I...hihiihii...

UglyButAdorable said...

~cg~

hahhahhaaaa...ya betul jugak...

3rd base pegi sampai depan batter's face, point finger and practically rhyme it to her face...hahahhaaaa...

we had w good 3rd base and excellent shortstop...infact sumer pun terrer laa..including the reserve...

rascal??? lebih kureng laaa..tapi tak jahat, notty jerr..

Red Raven said...

Hmmm..I was in the science streams,so i ni a geek ke? I was in St. Joseph Kuching...and ours was St. Thomas. But we are always no 1...heheheh. Ora Et Labora....

Azer Mantessa said...

MGS girls rock!

hehe

trueblue said...

I pun rindu sekolah I. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

booGie said...

Saya dari CBN :P

UglyButAdorable said...

~red raven~

dude..you're a cool geek..hihihii.. thank god for MU..

~azermantessa~

errrr...excuse me?? MGS as in minah giler spenda?? hahahahaaa...c'mon la bro...

UglyButAdorable said...

~trueblue~

uwaaaaaa..tu la kan...uhuukkk...uhukkk

~boogie~

errr...CBN?? adakah anda menyamar sebelum ini??

Unknown said...

Hahahaha..now I know you were such a rascal in school eh UBA...and in MGS lagi tu...wah....I bet the memories are worth remembering kan?

UglyButAdorable said...

sis...bukan MGS laaa...CONVENT!!! MGS tu sworn enemy...hiiihihiiii..

Anonymous said...

wHo WanTs To RemEmBeR tHe GeEkS wAs ThE qOuTe Of ThE cEnTuRy-CaYaLaH !

UglyButAdorable said...

rascal rawks!!!