Friday, March 09, 2007

Kembang Semangkuk


Kembang Semangkuk




Tak Kembang Seplastik


Cough are getting better. Been faithfully eating the antibiotics and the antihistamines. However today is the 5th day I'm without my voice. The agony of not being able to express in words is frustrating. After this the mutes have my utmost respect.

Today my mom said..this can't go on...go to the kedai belakang and buy kembang semangkuk.

Ok..so off i go..

Dengan confidentnya I asked the mamak for kembang semangkuk Expecting to see a big huge flattery thingy in a bag instead he handed me a packet with the content looking like hazelnuts. Paid for it and home I drive.

I soaked it in a bowl of water following my mom instructions..... and how kembang can a kembang semangkuk be..phewww...

How ignorant I am on all these small things. The other day a friend of mine gave me a singers tip for sore throat. She was saying few things that I understood then 'jarum emas'. So I literally asked her you actually down that gold needle? Nasib la kawan dah lama or she would prolly think I'm some kind of idiot... Tak lah jarum emas tu is a daun like rumput tajam-tajam...

For now I hope this kembang semangkuk works...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

UbA,
How does it taste like? kembang semngkuk tu? tak pernah rasa lagi ni. Anyway, I hope you'll get your voice back very2 soon. Huhu..mmg tak sonok aaa nak cakap tapi takde suara.Been working ngan people with language, speech, and voice disorders, dapat juga bayang how frustrating it could be to not be able to talk.Moga cepat sembuh yaa..muahmuahhh!

Azer Mantessa said...

kembang semangkuk ... wah ... this is new to me ... thx :-)

Ordinary Superhero said...

Hope you are getting better.

Cheers

Unknown said...

UBA,
It always works whenever my hubby has a sore throat or a stubborn-to-cure cough...that kembang semangkuk would be his drink...he add honey (must get pure honey ya) into it...

Maybe you can try adding honey into your kembang semangkuk...hopefully you'll get better soon...and recover from this pain.

D.N.A.S said...

Another traditional remedy is mix air asam jawa and gula batu, sejukkan, then minum. Best!
Actually kembang semangkuk is useful untuk mengurangkan panas dalam. Kalau demam pun boleh jugak minum air kembang semangkuk.

Tynna said...

it does baby face..good for sore throats and panas dalam...hehhehehehe...I take that a lot!:D

gravtkills said...

apa tu

trueblue said...

Hi babe. I hope you are all better now.

Idham said...

mas...
sorry we did not get to talk long...
i called u but u were in a meeting and when u returned call i was with my lawyer signing papers.
after that bateri abis...
ur cough was still there kan...i dgr suara u serak2 gitu..

hope u gets well soon.

idham

Cosmic_GurL said...

Hehehe...kembang semangkok works well with gula batu to get rid of coughs and by gula batu i dont mean sweets here kay..hope ure all better now..weather has been crazeee kan?

UglyButAdorable said...

~itot~
voice dah kuar..but still ader serak skit2..i think it's gonna be permanent..:(


~azer mantessa~
yup..but i think we've all eaten it with len chee kang..cuma didn't noticed it jer..:)

~bro hero~
tks..:)

UglyButAdorable said...

~raden galoh~
:)recuperating sis ..getting better..sometimes biler tersedak sakit gilerss..

~dnas~
actually b4 the kembang semangkuk..i tried few ways..sumer tak jadi..but with this thingy..alhamdullilah jadie..

~ice~
i will definitely keep this handy at home and when travelling...:)

~gravtkills~
that gravt..is miracle for my cough and sore throat..i think without realising u pun dah pernah makan..it's in our len chee kang..unless u dun eat that..tak pernah la raser..

UglyButAdorable said...

~trublue~
tks beb..:)

~bro idham~
tks bro..sorry that i missed that call..neway called back and get to speak with bro Gab..so it wasn't a loss after all :)

~cosmic gurl~
weather is really crazeee...scary la to think of it...